Monday, September 20, 2010

Book List

Putting the book list here which is huge ok and these are only the MUST read soon list as they said to me. So friends and family that wish to help buy the books can. Because it is HUGE and they are welcome to read them as well so they have a better understanding of the kids.

Book list for both First 4 are the ones I am going to try to buy this month if we can afford to but they were instant that ALL are very important.... makes me look at the money coming in n the money going out and I'll never get my first and only real vacation/honeymoon since C and I never had the money to take one since we were married my 3rd semester of college n his what 4th I think. The more help we can get with the books the more likely we'll have a chance to take the trip b4 my back kills me. N thats the other thing because if the doc's r right and my back kills me in the nxt few yrs my kids will be among the ones at higher risk of the gifted kids to kill themselves b4 they get out of high school especially if it happens b4 or soon after Cecil finishes the year long tour in Korea. If I was granted one wish it would so be to have my kids BE NORMAL KIDS! Higher intelligence really doesn't seem like much of a blessing!
  1. A Parents Guide to Gifted Children
  2. Raising a Gifted Child: A Parenting Handbook
  3. Living with Intensity:Understanding the Sensitivity, Excitability, and the Emotional Development of Gifted Children, Adolescents, and Adults
  4. Parents of Gifted Kids: How to Understand, Live with, and Stick up for Your Gifted Child
  5. Gifted Children and Gifted Education: A Handbook for Teachers and Parents
  6. Helping Gifted Children Soar
B's list which they can be kept for K when she gets older
  1. Math for the Gifted Student Grade 2
  2. Math for the Gifted Student Grade 3
  3. Gifted and Talented:Grade 2 Reading, Writing, and Math
  4. Reading for the Gifted Student Grade 2 (they have a grade 3 as well)
  5. Literature Links:Activities for the Gifted Readers
  6. Challenging the Gifted Child:An Open Approach to Working with Advanced Young Readers
  7. Life in the Fast brain: Keeping Up with Gifted Minds
And K's
  1. The Drama of the Gifted Child
  2. Creative Activities for Gifted Readers (k-2): 50 dynamic Activities to Stimulate Creativity
  3. The Social and Emotional Development of Gifted Children: What do we know

No comments:

Post a Comment